Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Project 365

Yes, I know. It has been many many moons. I truly am the worst blogger ever. Which is why it is laughable really, what I am about to tell you. I am going to be participating in a photo-a-day project called "Project 365". You can go to this link to learn all about it, but the general gist is simply to take one picture per day for an entire 365 days and document the daily occurrences of your life. I figure if nothing else, this will get me back into the habit of taking pictures since I basically stopped taking them once I graduated from college in May of 2007. In fact, I spent a good 45 minutes last night looking all over creation for my camera, batteries and charger. But anyway, here we are on December 1, 2009... at the beginning.



This here is Lamar (spelled in real life with a backwards "R"). He is our office "bidget". Before you get offended, we call him that based on his origins. We couldn't keep calling him "bag midget", so we shortened it. And contrary to what you might be thinking right now, I do not work in a daycare, preschool or any other kind of school for that matter. I do in fact work in an office full of adults (though at this point I use the word adult loosely). My wonderfully juvenile co-workers created Lamar for reasons unknown to me and he has taken on quite a life of his own in the last 2 weeks. He has clothes, shirts at least, and even has a tie (because really, we cannot have bidgets hanging around without proper office attire). I arrived at work last week to find Lamar in my chair with a word bubble taped to his mouth asking if I would date him. Unfortunately I had to dash his hopes and politely, but firmly, decline. He is also supposed to be accompanying all of us to a house-warming party this Saturday evening in his ugliest Christmas sweater. And in case you cannot quite see it in the picture, he is currently wearing an "Advent shirt" for the month of December (the 1st is already marked off).

So, there is Lamar. For those of you that understand how exhaustingly sad my job can be, you now have a taste of the insane things that keep my co-workers and I sane. ;)

And I really cannot think of a better way, or a better picture, to begin this daily photo project documenting the crazy of my life. Welcome!

No comments: